UMC 2016 • Registration
Resource and Environmental Assessments
for Seafloor Mining Development
45th Underwater Mining Conference
October 9 through 13, 2016
Orakai Songdo Park Hotel
151, Techno park-ro, Yeonsu-gu
Incheon • South Korea
Registration and Guest Function Fees
REGISTRATION FEES (Deadline August 31, 2016)
Several items in the UMC fee schedule below are discounted for current members of the International Marine Minerals Society (IMMS):
- Regular Fee: Member USD 495, Non Member USD 555. The regular fee covers the welcoming reception, technical sessions and materials, lunches (note: breakfast is provided according to your room reservations at the Orakai Songdo Park Hotel), UMC Banquet, and membership to IMMS for 2017.
- Single-Day Fee: Member USD 395, Non Member USD 455. This entitles the participant to one technical session on October 10 or 11, which includes conference materials, lunch, and membership to IMMS for 2017.
- Student Fee: USD 395. The student fee includes the welcoming reception, both technical sessions and materials, lunches, the UMC Banquet, and membership to IMMS for 2017.
- Geotechnical Field Tour Fee, Wednesday, October 12 morning through Thursday, October 13 late afternoon returning each night to the Orakai Songdo Park Hotel. NOTE: Field Tour is full.
Cost per person: Field Tour is full.
- Field Tour Day 1, Wednesday, October 12: Sihwa Tidal Power Plant, Gahak Silver Mine, and or Mn Nodule Miner (MineRo) (subject to change).
- Field Tour Day 2, Thursday, October 13: Gangwha DMZ, Dolmen Park, Tidal Flat, and or Jeondeung Sa Temple (subject to change).
Includes: bus transport and guide, entry fees, two lunches, one dinner, and field guide.
- October 14 (Friday): Departure Day
Most participants on the field tours will depart from the Orakai Songdo Park Hotel where KAL Limousine (bus) transport to Incheon airport can be arranged for at the front desk of the hotel.
- Late Fee: A late fee of USD 50 is assessed for those registering after August 31, 2016.
GUEST FEE OPTIONS (Deadline August 31, 2016)
Guests and spouses of UMC participants are welcome to join the banquet as well as the geotechnical field tour (at additional cost).
Spouses Day Tour, Tuesday, October 11: USD 75. This will be an escorted adventure into Seoul with visits to Gyeongbokgung Palace, Changdeokgung Palace, Namsan Tower, and Insadong (subject to change). Includes escort, travel by subway, entry fees and lunch.
UMC Banquet, Tuesday, October 11, evening: USD 75. Guests and spouses are welcome to join the UMC participants in the conference banquet. It will be a time to engage with colleagues and enjoy the fine cuisine of Korea, a special banquet address, and evening ambiance.
The deadline for UMC Registration is August 31, 2016. Late registrations will incur a late fee of $50. Registration for the Geotechnical Field Tour and other functions after the deadline is not guaranteed.
Payment by Visa or MasterCard credit cards should be completed online at www.underwatermining.org starting July 25. For wire transfers to IMMS (International Marine Minerals Society) please contact the Conference Coordinator for information.
Refunds (less USD 50 processing fee) will be allowed for written cancellations (email or fax) received by the Conference Coordinator by September 15, 2016.
- Technical Program Chair
- Dr. Samantha Smith, President
International Marine Minerals Society
- Technical Program Host
- Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries (Korea)
- and KIOST (Korea Institute of Ocean Science and Technology)
- Conference Coordinator
- Karynne Chong Morgan
- University of Hawai‘i
- 1000 Pope Road, MSB 303
- Honolulu HI 96822
- Tel: +1 808.956.5095
Mobile: +1 808.295.9418
[ Top of this page ]