UMC 2016 • Agenda
Resource and Environmental Assessments
for Seafloor Mining Development
45th Underwater Mining Conference
October 9 through 13, 2016
Orakai Songdo Park Hotel
151, Techno park-ro, Yeonsu-gu
Incheon • South Korea
- October 9 (Sunday), 19:00h: Welcome Reception and Registration, Orakai Songdo Park Hotel, Lily Hall
Participants and their guests are welcome to join the reception.
- October 10 (Monday), 08:30h: Technical Session I, Lily Hall
This technical session will also feature a poster session.
- October 10 (Monday), 18:00h: Free evening
The evening will be free for those participants desiring to explore the city and dine at their leisure.
- October 11 (Tuesday), 08:30h: Technical Session II, Lily Hall
Concurrent with this technical session is a Spouses/Guests Day Tour of interesting venues in Seoul.
- October 11 (Tuesday), 18:00h: UMC Banquet hosted by KIOST
- October 12 and 13 (Wednesday and Thursday), 07:45h to 18:00h: Geotechnical Field Tour
This includes 2 full days of interesting destinations (Sihwa Tidal Power Plant, Gahak silver mine, Mn nodule miner, Gangwha DMZ, Dolmen Park, tidal flat and or Jeondeung Sa Temple (subject to change). Tours will return each evening to the Orakai Songdo Park Hotel.
- October 14 (Friday): Departure Day
This is will be the departure date for most remaining participants and their guests.
- Technical Program Chair
- Dr. Samantha Smith, President
International Marine Minerals Society
- Technical Program Host
- Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries (Korea)
- and KIOST (Korea Institute of Ocean Science and Technology)
- Conference Coordinator
- Karynne Chong Morgan
- University of Hawai‘i
- 1000 Pope Road, MSB 303
- Honolulu HI 96822
- Tel: +1 808.956.5095
Mobile: +1 808.295.9418
[ Top of this page ]