UMC 2015 • Registration
Nearshore Underwater Mining:
Critical Commodities for the Future
44th Underwater Mining Conference*
November 1 through November 6, 2015
Hilton St. Petersburg Bayfront Hotel •
Tampa Bay, Florida • USA
*formerly the Underwater Mining Institute (UMI)
Registration is now closed.
Registration and Guest Function Fees
REGISTRATION FEES (Deadline August 31, 2015)
Several items in the UMC fee schedule below are discounted for current members of the International Marine Minerals Society:
- Regular Fee: Member USD 450, Non Member USD 510. The regular fee covers the welcoming reception, technical sessions and materials, lunches (note: breakfast is provided to registered guests of the Hilton St. Petersburg Bayfront Hotel), UMC Banquet, and membership to IMMS for 2016.
- Single-Day Fee: Member USD 350, Non Member USD 410. This entitles the participant to one technical session on November 2 or 3, which includes conference materials, lunch, and membership to IMMS for 2016.
- Student Fee: USD 350. The student fee includes the welcoming reception, technical sessions and materials, lunches, the UMI Banquet, and membership to IMMS for 2016.
- Seabed Mineral Course Fee: USD 0. This is an optional special session for UMC participants on Sunday, November 1 from 09:00 to 16:00h and at no cost.
- Geotechnical Field Tour Fee, Wednesday, November 4 morning from Hilton St. Petersburg to Thursday, November 5 evening (~19:30h return) to Tampa, Florida.
Review the PDFs for Field Tour descriptions to Group 1 Phosphates, Group 2 Coastal Sedimentology, and Group 3 Springs and Karsts (Group 2 and Group 3 are no longer available):
The tour includes one hotel stay for Nov 4 and 2 full tour days (guides, coach transit, most meals, entry fees). There is a 25-person maximum for each tour. Tours depart at various times (between 07:45h and 09:00h) on Nov 4 from the Hilton St. Petersburg Bayfront and end at various times (between 18:30h and 19:30h) on Nov 5 at the Holiday Inn Westshore Hotel near the Tampa International Airport. Those departing Tampa late in the evening on Nov 5 may take a shuttle to the Tampa Airport. Those needing accommodations for Nov 5 or later may make a separate reservation (at additional cost, USD 112 + 12% tax per night) at the Holiday Inn Westshore (see Hotel and Shuttles webpage).
- Group 1 Phosphates, Single USD 420, Double USD 645 for 2 persons
- Group 2 Coastal Sedimentology, Single USD 515, Double USD 775 for 2 persons
- Group 3 Springs and Karsts, Single USD 435, Double USD 650 for 2 persons
- November 6 (Friday): Departure Day
Most participants on the field tours will depart from the Tampa International Airport. Shuttles from the Holiday Inn Westshore provide easy and short transit to the airport.
- Late Fee: A late fee of USD 50 is assessed for those registering after August 31, 2015.
GUEST FEE OPTIONS (Deadline August 31, 2015)
Guests and spouses of UMC participants are, in addition to the geotechnical field tour above, welcome to join the following St. Petersburg activities:
Spouses St. Petersburg Art Walk, Tuesday, November 3, 09:00h to 16:00h: USD 75. This casual guided tour will be a mix of art and shopping at unique boutiques filled with items created by local craft artisans as well as internationally known brands. There will be an al fresco lunch, a docent led tour of galleries, free time to browse through numerous museums, cafes and shops, and a special gift for participants.
Click here for the Spouses St. Petersburg Art Walk PDF.
UMC Banquet at the Museum of Fine Arts, Monday, November 2, evening: USD 75. Guests and spouses are welcome to join the UMC participants in this lovely setting for the conference banquet. It is a perfect place to relax and enjoy the company, flavors, a special banquet address, and evening.
[ Top of this page ]
The deadline for UMC Registration is August 31, 2015. Late registrations will incur a late fee of $50. Registration for the Geotechnical Field Tour and other functions after the deadline are not guaranteed.
Payment is preferred by Visa or MasterCard credit cards completed online at www.underwatermining.org or via UMC 2015 Conference Registration Form PDF (updated 09-18-15). For checks payable to IMMS (International Marine Minerals Society) or wire transfers please contact the Conference Coordinator for information.
Refunds (less USD 50 processing fee) will be allowed for written cancellations (email or fax) received by the Conference Coordinator by September 30, 2015.
[ Top of this page ]